Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Proposal: CKM_RSA_PKCS_FIPS_186_4

Oscar,

I was wrong -- the compatibility is definitely there, so no issues there.

I think the bigger problem is that this standard restricts not only key sizes, but also key usages -- to the point even where a key which is used to perform an X9.31 signature, is not allowed to perform an RSASSA-PSS signature?  I think that's too much to expect.

So I go back to my original assertion about all these FIPS 186-4 mechanisms -- I think that having P11 mechanisms tied to this standard is too restrictive and could be better handled using profiles instead.

Thanks,

Bob