Subject: FW: [pkcs11] Groups - Ballot reminders: 6

Guys,

Just following up on these proposals.  I’ve reviewed each and all but one are relatively non-contentious and minimally invasive.  So my recommendation is to vote YES on all of these, with the exception of Revised DSA mechanism proposal, *yet*.

I do like this proposal and think it is necessary to enable DSA functions for domain parameter and key sizes other than 1024/160.  This proposal does impact backwards compatibility, but is necessary to support DSA in today’s applications in a standard way.  The only reason I am hesitating is that the author made a comment on the voting page which indicates that there is still some ambiguity in the specification, so I’m awaiting clarification from him on this.  Once I receive that clarification, I will let you know how I believe the vote should go.

As it turns out, I will be out of the office for the next week and a half, so I will not be here for vote close – so please, cast your votes when you get a chance as there will likely be no more reminders from me.

Thanks,

Bob

From: workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of tc_admin@oasis-open.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:06 PM
To: Burns, Robert
Subject: [pkcs11] Groups - Ballot reminders: 6

Reminder: Please cast your vote on the ballot "RSA AES Secure Key Import proposal" in the "OASIS PKCS 11 TC" group.

Ballot Title: RSA AES Secure Key Import proposal

Question
Do you accept the proposal for RSA AES Secure Key Import?

Description
Do you accept the proposal for RSA AES Key Wrap revision 1.4, as posted by Doron Cohen on 24-Jun-2013 at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/49663/pkcs11-ckm-rsa-aes-key-wrap-r1-4.doc (also attached to this ballot as reference item), with the proviso that 1) the same format is used as for other mechanisms (table of functions moved to the beginning of the proposed text) and 2) that language be modified to conform to required language for required/optional capabilities (SHALL, SHOULD etc)?

Closing Date: Wednesday, 7 August 2013 @ 3:00 pm EDT

Vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC
Date Opened: Wednesday, 17 July 2013 @ 8:00 am EDT

Referenced Items

pkcs11-ckm-rsa-aes-key-wrap-r1-4.doc (43K)

2013-06-24

Download | View Details

Reminder: Please cast your vote on the ballot "CKA_CERTIFICATE_CATEGORY and CKA_JAVA_MIDP_SECURITY_DOMAIN constants" in the "OASIS PKCS 11 TC" group.

Ballot Title: CKA_CERTIFICATE_CATEGORY and CKA_JAVA_MIDP_SECURITY_DOMAIN constants

Question
Do you accept the proposals for CKA_CERTIFICATE_CATEGORY and CKA_JAVA_MIDP_SECURITY_DOMAIN constants?

Description
Do you accept the proposal for CKA_CERTIFICATE_CATEGORY as proposed by Stef Walter in his 24-Jun-2013 email at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/email/archives/201306/msg00118.html and the proposal for CKA_JAVA_MIDP_SECURITY_DOMAIN constants as proposed by Stef Walter in his 24-Jun-2013 email at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/email/archives/201306/msg00119.html, with the proviso that the precise constant names may be adapted during editing to be consistent with other PKCS#11 2.40 contributions?