Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Proposal: CKM_SHA512_224, CKM_SHA512_256, CKM_SHA512_T

On 8/6/2013 2:44 PM, Dina Kurktchi wrote:

"SHA-512/t" is the name of the digest method as described in section
5.3.6 of FIPS 180-4.  By calling it by its name, I thought it would be
clear which digest method I meant. I see how it can be mistaken for "Truncated message digests" in section 7.

Yes, stating the CKM_SHA512_224 and CKM_SHA512_256 are special cases
of CKM_SHA512_T is no problem.  It may even be useful to rewrite this
as one section instead of three, and make CKM_SHA512_224 and
CKM_SHA512_256 subsections of the main one.

Can I leave that to the doc editors, or do I need to do this myself?

Let's address this on the call. I don't have a big problem with updating and clarifying references being considered "editorial" changes, but others might.

Mike