Subject: Fwd: Re: GPL license compatibility question about PKCS#11

As I mentioned a while back, I put in a request with the FSF about the
old RSA PKCS#11 license, and its compatibility with the GPL.

Below is the response, although obviously no such response can be
definitive and applicable in every situation.

Cheers,

Stef

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gnu.org #834740] Re: GPL license compatibility question about
PKCS#11
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 16:16:06 -0400
From: Yoni Rabkin via RT <licensing@fsf.org>

I did some research and found that a similar question had been asked
about this license back in 2006, concerning an implementation of RFC
1321.

Brett Smith, who was the GPL Compliance Lab engineer at the time replied
that the license has, is essence, the same annoying advertisement clause
as the original BSD license (see:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OriginalBSD) and is
therefore incompatible with all published versions of the GPL.

I hope this answer is of help.

--
I am not a lawyer, the above is not legal advice

   Regards, Yoni Rabkin