Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Groups - TLS 1.2 mechanisms uploaded

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Michael StJohns <msj@nthpermutation.com> wrote:

> I'd recommend at this point sticking with what's in the document rather than
> the changes you made.  There isn't any real issue as the old definitions
> have different names than the new definitions just for this purpose.   This
> is sort of false economy in any event as all you're doing is saving a few
> lines in the .h file.

The saving is in the .c files that use the structs. They can simply
cast the pMechanism->pParameter pointer to a
CK_TLS12_MASTER_KEY_DERIVE_PARAMS_PTR, and which fields they access
depend on the version of the TLS/SSL protocol. In this design, the
CK_TLS12_MASTER_KEY_DERIVE_PARAMS struct is viewed as a newer version
of the CK_SSL3_MASTER_KEY_DERIVE_PARAMS struct.

In the current design (what's being balloted), the
CK_TLS12_MASTER_KEY_DERIVE_PARAMS struct and the
CK_SSL3_MASTER_KEY_DERIVE_PARAMS struct are viewed as two unrelated
structs.

In any case, this is not a big deal. I just thought this kind of tweak
to struct definitions (reordering of struct fields) might be allowed
as editorial changes.

Wan-Teh Chang