Subject: update on copyright notice for PKCS #11 v2.40 header files

Hi –

At the F2F, I’d like to wrap up the discussion of copyright notice in the header files, if possible.  Based on the latest discussions with OASIS legal and leadership, here’s the plan for the copyright notice for the PKCS #11 header files:

The individual header files may include only the following:

* Copyright (C) OASIS Open YYYY. All rights reserved.

* OASIS trademark, IPR and other policies apply.

* http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr

Or we could consider the following longer form:

/*

* PKCS11 Version X.X

* Committee Specification Draft XX

* XX Month YYYY

* Source: http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* Copyright (c) OASIS Open 2013. All rights reserved.

* OASIS trademark, IPR and other policies apply.

* http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/ipr

*/

If there are other parties who claim joint or partial copyright in the work, that notice would be given in the PKCS #11 Base Specification v2.40 or other document, not in the header file.

OASIS is also looking at posting a longer license notice, comparable to that posted by the SCA TC:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/32009/license.txt

We would not post such a license notice on our individual TC page.

regards,

Bob