Subject: Re: [pkcs11] RE: [pkcs11-comment] Attributes of EC private key objects

Edited down.

With this new 2.40 version of the spec, the attribute CKA_PUBLIC_KEY_INFO was defined to provide this information in a non-key-type specific manner.  See section 4.9.  Any private key type should implement this as a way of providing the public key information.

Is that sufficient for your needs or is there something still missing?

Mike

On 12/23/2013 8:49 AM, Griffin, Robert wrote:

Hi –

Thanks!  I’ll add this to the agenda for our first PKCS 11 TC meeting after the holidays and will let you know the decision of the TC.

Regards,

Bob

From: pkcs11-comment@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pkcs11-comment@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jaroslav Imrich
Sent: Montag, 23. Dezember 2013 08:38
To: pkcs11-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello all,

I would like to discuss attributes of EC private key objects. I will first try to explain what I like about RSA private key objects:

So my final question is: Would it be possible to define CKA_EC_POINT attribute as a mandatory attribute also for EC private key objects?

--
Kind Regards

Jaroslav Imrich
www.pkcs11interop.net