Subject: Groups - HMAC-SHA-2 Pseudorandom Functions for PBKDF2 uploaded

Submitter's message
Hi,

I just submitted a simple proposal to add four HMAC-SHA-2 pseudorandom functions for PBKDF2, specified in PKCS #5 v2.1.

Currently only a HMAC-SHA-1 PRF is defined, and there is strong interest in using a HMAC-SHA-256 PRF with PBKDF2.

I am wondering if it is not too late to incorporate this into PKCS #11 v2.40.

Wan-Teh Chang
-- Wan-Teh Chang
Document Name: HMAC-SHA-2 Pseudorandom Functions for PBKDF2

Description
A proposal for adding four HMAC-SHA-2 pseudorandom functions for PBKDF2,
specified in PKCS #5 v2.1.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Wan-Teh Chang