Subject: clarification regarding - [pkcs11] Groups - Ballot opened: "Approve current PKCS #11 v2.40 drafts as Committee Draft"

Hi –

Some folks have asked whether we need to have a ballot on promoting the v2.40 docs to Committee Spec / Notes drafts and whether that was the intent of the motion passed in our last PKCS 11 TC call.  It was indeed my intent in formulating the motion, at least, and I would ask eligible voters to cast your votes on the ballot.

I’m sorry this wasn’t clearer! As I said in the meeting (referenced briefly in the minutes at https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/MeetingMinutes/Minutes26032014 ), the intent of the motion is to have the co-chairs create the ballot that confirms that the TC does want to promote the working drafts to committee spec / note drafts – hence the wording about  directing the co-chairs “to perform any actions required by the TC Administrator”.

Again, sorry that the wording was misleading! The intent is to make sure that, in an important vote like this, all eligible voting members have a chance to consider on vote on the question.

Regards,

Bob

From: Griffin, Robert
Sent: Donnerstag, 27. März 2014 10:40
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi –

I’ve created the ballot we voted on in yesterday’s PKCS 11 TC call.  The voting rights are based on the latest attendance list (attached) through yesterday’s meeting (anyone missing 2 or more meetings in a row loses voting privileges, reinstated when they have attended 2 meetings in a row).

If you are not on the voting list for this ballot and believe you should be, please take a look at the attendance list and let me know of any errors.

Thanks!

Bob