Subject: Cross-references in PKCS #11 documents need to be fixed.

Hi all,

In completing the publication of the CSD02 and CND02 versions of the PKCS #11 Work Products, we realized that the cross-references (Normative References and Non-Normative References among the PKCS #11 v2.40 documents) used in "Base", "Profiles", and "Usage Guide" are incorrect and/or not allowed for publication.

The best example of this brokenness is in "Base":
http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-base/v2.40/csd02/pkcs11-base-v2.40-csd02.html#_Toc385435461, where the references (to PKCS11-Curr, -Hist, -Prof, and -UG) point to old working drafts using password-protected (and broken in two cases) URIs.

Please replace the broken references by using the "Latest version" links.  These may be found in the list of "Related work" which we installed on the front pages.

We can publish the fixed versions as new CSDs or CNDs, and also publish Public Review versions at the same time.  (Please ask for clarification of this process if this isn't clear.)

We specifically disallow the publication of password-protected links to Kavi-based resources [1], but inadvertently allowed it to slip by in the "Base" csd02 linked above.

Best regards,
Paul

[1]  http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#accessibleURIs
--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-861-1013
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society