Subject: Approved minutes and minutes draft and a note

Hi all -

here are the approved minutes for 21 May 2014:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/53245/Minutes21052014.pdf

Here are the drafts for this week:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/MeetingMinutes/Minutes04062014

I got a few questions after the meeting - the vote on removing
AES-XTS from 2.40 was an official and formal vote. The motion
was not to create a ballot, but to take action - so that's what
we voted on.  As there was only one objection, the motion passed
and we will remove AES-XTS from v2.40.

This will necessitate another public review, as it is a material
change (which we'd have to do even if we fixed the mechanism -
either way, it's a material change).

As noted we'll need to come up with another way of releasing
new mechanisms at a faster rate than an entirely new standard.
That will be on our next agenda.

Valerie
--
Valerie Fenwick, http://bubbva.blogspot.com/ @bubbva
Solaris Cryptographic & Key Management Technologies, Manager