Subject: Status update on the PKCS #11 message-based encryption and decryption proposal

Hi,

I just started to add signature and verification functions to the PKCS
#11 message-based encryption and decryption proposal this morning.

I ran into an unexpected problem: it's not easy to support
multiple-part message signature and verification operations with just
two functions without unused function parameters, because signature
and verification operations don't produce any output (the signature or
verification status) until the end. I'll need more time to look into
this so that the multiple-part functions for message encryption,
decryption, signature, and verification have a consistent style. (The
proposal currently specifies two functions, C_MessageEncryptBegin and
C_MessageEncryptNext, for multiple-part message encryption. Similarly
for message decryption.)

Therefore I won't be able to upload a new version of the proposal for
the PKCS #11 conference call today. Sorry about that.

Wan-Teh Chang