Subject: Re: [pkcs11] PKCS#11 Object Uniqueness error codes

On 15/07/2014 2:54 AM, Oscar So wrote:
> The uniqueness can only be applied to a set of defined domains or a
> centralized server that generates CKA_ID and all application must go
> through this server.
> For example, the CKA_ID can only be guaranteed to be unique within
> these 3 servers.
>
> Currently, one CKA_ID is tied to all of the below objects:
> CKO_PUBLIC_KEY
> CKO_PRIVATE_KEY
> CKO_CERTIFICATE
> CKO_PASSWORD
> So, a new attribute, CKA_UUID (or something), seems to be a good idea
> which identify every CKO_* object uniquely.
>
> This is for PKCS #11 v3.00

Actually that sort of change could be added into a v2.41 if we wanted to
do so.

There is nothing as yet which commits to moving straight to a v3.0 - and
the list of items for v3.0 are somewhat broad so the time frame is
unclear (to me at least).

BTW I assume CKO_PASSWORD is a vendor specific extension of yours or a
typo or did you mean CKO_SECRET_KEY?

Tim.