Subject: draft motion for our PKCS 11 TC call

Hi –

I’ve included below the draft motion to promote our V2.40 docs to Committee Specification/Note.  Please review and let me know of any corrections/changes you think should be made.

A couple of notes:

-          This motion is based on the templates provided by OASIS at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/53768  .  It takes the language from both 4 (““Request a Special Majority Vote to approve a Committee Specification Draft with Non-Material Changes as a Committee Specification”) and 5 (“Request a Special Majority Vote to approve a Committee Specification Draft as a Committee Specification and update cross-references “) in the list of templates, in order to ensure the following:

-          Although I believe the cross references should be correct as they stand in all the documents, including the language from template 4 will help to ensure that and permit OASIS admin to correct any that are incorrect.

-          We need to update the revision history in several of the documents, particularly the base and current mechanisms. The language from template 5 allows us to do that.  I have attached a draft of the change document referenced in the motion that I would upload before I submit the request for special majority ballot (most likely on Friday).

-          The motion is conditional because the public review does not end until tomorrow.

Regards,

Bob

---------------------------------

Draft motion:

Conditional that the current public review for the PKCS #11 Base Specification and PKCS #11 Current Mechanisms Specification closes as scheduled on 28-Augut 2014 with no substantive comments, do the members approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Ballot to approve the following documents as Committee Specification or Committee Note, as indicated?

PKCS #11 Base Specification Version 2.40 contained in http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-base/v2.40/csprd03/pkcs11-base-v2.40-csprd03.doc  as Committee Specification (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Current Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40 contained in http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v2.40/csprd03/pkcs11-curr-v2.40-csprd03.doc as Committee Specification (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Historical Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40 contained in http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-hist/v2.40/csprd02/pkcs11-hist-v2.40-csprd02.doc  as Committee Specification (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Profiles Version 2.40 contained in http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-profiles/v2.40/csprd02/pkcs11-profiles-v2.40-csprd02.doc as Committee Specification (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Usage Guide Version 2.40 contained in http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-ug/v2.40/cnprd02/pkcs11-ug-v2.40-cnprd02.doc as Committee Note (authoritative source)

The TC affirms that non-changes have been made since the last public review. The changes made are documented in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/xxxxx. The TC judges these changes to be Non-Material in accordance with the definition in the OASIS TC Process (http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange).

In addition, do the members also approve requesting TC Administration to update the following Designated Cross-References during publication of the Committee Specification:

- Current references to be updated:

[PKCS #11-Base]                 PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Base Specification Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-base/v2.40/pkcs11-base-v2.40.html.

[PKCS #11-Curr]             PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Current Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v2.40/pkcs11-curr-v2.40.html.

[PKCS11-Hist]                PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Historical Mechanisms Specification Version <<VERSION>>. <<DATE>>, OASIS Working Draft, http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-hist/v2.40/pkcs11-hist-v2.40.html

[PKCS #11-Prof]            PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Profiles Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-profiles/v2.40/pkcs11-profiles-v2.40.html.

[PKCS #11-UG]             PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Usage Guide Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-ug/v2.40/pkcs11-ug-v2.40.html.