Subject: RE: editorial issues with the PKCS #11 v2.40 Committee Specifications

Hi –

I have fixed the errors noted in the email below and uploaded the revised versions (as new working draft versions) of the V2.40 docs to the Working Drafts folder. For each of the 4 documents (there were no fixes requested to Profiles), I have uploaded 1) the doc version with change bars, 2) a pdf version with change bars and 3) a doc version with changes accepted (“clean”).

I’d like to consider 2 motions in our call:

1)      Motion to promote the new working draft documents to Committee Spec / Note Drafts.  This can be a voice vote, but does have to be a Full Majority (that is, at least half of all voting members, not just of the voting members present in a given call).  Here is what I propose as the motion:

Do you approve the following documents as Committee Specification Draft or Committee Note Draft, as indicated, and designate the Word version of each document as authoritative?

PKCS #11 Base Specification Version 2.40 working draft 11 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54456/pkcs11-base-v2.40-wd11.doc as Committee Specification Draft csd04 (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Current Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40 working draft 12 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54453/pkcs11-curr-v2.40-wd12.doc  as Committee Specification Draft csd04 (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Historical Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40 working draft 07 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54450/pkcs11-hist-v2.40-wd07.doc   as Committee Specification Draft csd03 (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Usage Guide Version 2.40 working draft 08 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54447/pkcs11-ug-v2%2040-wd08.doc  as Committee Note Draft cnd03 (authoritative source)

2)       Motion below, to initiate the Special Majority Ballot to promote these working drafts to Committee Specs and Committee Note (very similar to what I sent around in the 27-Aug email).

Regards,

Bob

---------------------------------

Draft motion:

Do the members of the PKCS 11 TC authorize the Co-Chairs to submit requests to TC Administration to hold a Special Majority Ballot to approve the following documents as Committee Specification or Committee Note, as indicated?

PKCS #11 Base Specification Version 2.40 csd04 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54456/pkcs11-base-v2.40-wd11.doc as Committee Specification (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Current Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40 csd04  contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54453/pkcs11-curr-v2.40-wd12.doc  as Committee Specification  (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Historical Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40 csd03 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54450/pkcs11-hist-v2.40-wd07.doc   as Committee Specification (authoritative source)

PKCS #11 Usage Guide Version 2.40 cnd03 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/54447/pkcs11-ug-v2%2040-wd08.doc  as Committee Note (authoritative source)

The TC affirms that only non-material changes have been made to these documents since the last public review. The changes made are documented in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/xxxxx. The TC judges these changes to be Non-Material in accordance with the definition in the OASIS TC Process (http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange).

In addition, do the members also approve requesting TC Administration to update the following Designated Cross-References during publication of the Committee Specification:

- Current references to be updated:

[PKCS #11-Base]                 PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Base Specification Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-base/v2.40/pkcs11-base-v2.40.html.

[PKCS #11-Curr]             PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Current Mechanisms Specification Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v2.40/pkcs11-curr-v2.40.html.

[PKCS11-Hist]                PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Historical Mechanisms Specification Version <<VERSION>>. <<DATE>>, OASIS Working Draft, http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-hist/v2.40/pkcs11-hist-v2.40.html

[PKCS #11-Prof]            PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Profiles Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-profiles/v2.40/pkcs11-profiles-v2.40.html.

[PKCS #11-UG]             PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface Usage Guide Version 2.40. Latest version. http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-ug/v2.40/pkcs11-ug-v2.40.html.