Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Scheduling the OASIS vote on the PKCS 11 COSs

Hi Chet,

As I believe Jane had already mentioned to you, we’ll be pushing out the webinar to Friday 27-Mar (11:00 Us Eastern Time). I think it is fine, nonetheless, to start the vote on the preceding Tuesday 24-Mar.

But whatever you think is best is certainly fine.

Thanks again for supporting us our PKCS #11 work!

Regards,

Bob

From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Chet Ensign
Sent: Donnerstag, 12. März 2015 15:01
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Jane Harnad

Members of the PKCS 11 TC,

Jane sent me a note yesterday that you all would like to proceed with a pre-OS vote webinar on the PKCS specs that will be coming up for a vote. Great news! I am very excited to see how this works out.

Normally, once the 60 day public review closes, I would move to quickly start the OS votes. Since your review period closed on Tuesday, I would typically start the vote this coming Monday or Tuesday.

Since you want to do the webinar on 3/20 (Friday after next), how about I plan to announce the OS vote the following Monday 3/23 with the ballot opening on Tuesday 3/24 and closing Monday, 4/6. That way, people will get the call to vote while the webinar is fresh in their minds.

Also, I thought I would send a slide you could add at the end of the webinar outlining the vote schedule so that attendees know to be looking for the call to vote to come out. What do you think?

Again, I am really pleased that you all want to do this. I hope we'll see the impact in the resulting vote.

/chet   [§]
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298