Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - CMVP Letter - Draft 3 uploaded

Lines 39-40

Change "As a technical committee we have recognized the challenges to that the changed FIPS140-2 implementation guidance creates and have commenced work to enable" to "As a technical committee we have recognized the challenges that the changed FIPS140-2 implementation guidance creates and have commenced work to enable "

Lines 47-48

Change "mechanism. A vendor-specific mechanism would require every application must correspondingly be changed to support every vendor-specific implementation in order" to something that makes sense. Also, this might be a bit of an overstatement. This only applies to implementations using AES GCM with PKCS#11 modules that support AES GCM. While a large number of applications might fall into this category, it certainly is not "every application". Rewording should qualify that we only mean applications using AES GCM with a PKCS#11 module supporting AES GCM.

John

From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Tim Hudson
Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2016 8:52 AM
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [pkcs11] Groups - CMVP Letter - Draft 3 uploaded

Submitter's message
Updated draft altering the wording as discussed on previous TC calls. This update also incorporates some additional suggestions for a mechanism for collaboration between the technical committee and the CMVP made during review of the proposed draft.
-- Tim Hudson

Document Name: CMVP Letter - Draft 3

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Tim Hudson
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC
Folder: Working Drafts
Date submitted: 2016-06-08 15:51:19

This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service for QuintessenceLabs Pty Ltd.