Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Groups - SHA-3 proposal draft 3 uploaded

On 07/06/2016 03:17 AM, Dieter Bong wrote:

Bob,

my colleague just noticed that the new constants for SHA-3 key derivation are defined as …_KEY_DERIVATION (e.g. CKM_SHA3_256_KEY_DERIVATION) in the specification section of your proposal, but as …_KEY_DERIVE (e.g. CKM_SHA3_256_KEY_DERIVE) in the section defining constants to be added to pkcs11t.h.

Can we safely assume that the constants in pkcs11t.h shall also be named …_KEY_DERIVATION , as for all existing constants?

Thanks,

Dieter

The constants are why we haven't brought this to ballot.
We just passed a policy on how constants are handled, and Valerie and I will start handing them out shortly (probably once we get the source control issue solved).

Once those are assigned, then the final draft before ballot will include all the constants. If one is missing you could speak up. That is the kind of issue we should catch before ballot.

bob