Subject: Groups - Key wrap with attributes v3 uploaded

Submitter's message
I finally revised the « key wrap with attributes » proposal. Changes are:

- tags moved into available KMIP range (4200D4-4200DA) rather than vendor-defined range
- remove prescription about what attributes can be encoded. You can encode anything you like. Up to the implementor to decide what to allow.
- specify that if using CCM/GCM, the IV must be token-generated

The proposal describes the encoding to use for attributes. To make it usable with C_WrapKey and C_UnwrapKey we need to decide a couple more things

Mechanism names - perhaps CKM_AES_GCM_WRAP and CKM_AES_CCM_WRAP ?

How to tell a device what attributes to encode when wrapping. Maybe in a CKM_AES_GCM_PARAMS structure?

Perhaps we can discuss this tonight and if we reach a conclusion I can quickly finish the proposal.

-- Graham Steel
Document Name: Key wrap with attributes v3

Description
Revisions in v3:
- tags moved into available KMIP range (4200D4-4200DA) rather than
vendor-defined range
- remove prescription about what attributes can be encoded. You can encode
anything you like. Up to the implementor to decide what to allow.
- specify that if using CCM/GCM, the IV must be token-generated
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Graham Steel
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC