Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Review before next meeting

On 06/06/2016 07:35 AM, Dieter Bong wrote:
All,

here are my comments.

Updated AEAD Proposal (not repeating what other people already commented)
* Page 2, bottom, "For most mechanisms, C_EncryptMessage is equivalent to C_EncryptMessageBegin followed by a sequence of C_EncryptMessageNext operations. " : It would be useful to mention in which cases C_EncryptMessage is NOT equivalent to C_EncryptMessageBegin followed by a sequence of C_EncryptMessageNext operations, if any. Idem for decryption (page 7), signing (page 13) .
There currently isn't any case. The text says 'for most mechanism'. There are currently only two mechanisms defined for these functions AES-GCM and AES-CCM. The words are there to allow flexibility in case it may make sense for future mechanisms.

These should be fixed in the current document
* Page 6, line 8: continues o rfinishes -> continues or finishes
* Page 6, line 14: dot at the end of the line.
* Page 11, line 7: signs as ingle-part -> signs a single-part
* Page 11, line 18: MessagedSignInit -> MessageSignInit
* Page 13, lines 14 and 19: insert space in pParameterand, ulParameterLenspecify and pParametermay
* Page 17, line 13: for for -> for
* Page 19, line 18: .. -> .
* Page 20, lines 4-8: insert space between parameter type and name
* Page 20, line 15: pSignatureargument -> pSignature argument
* Page 21, table 8: CKF_MULTI_MESSGE -> CKF_MULTI_MESSAGE.
* Page 22: C_SignRecover is possibly a left-over from the original table 30?

* Throughout the whole document : Consistently use Courier font for parameter names inside the text.
I've left this for the editor as he may have preferred ways of marking these elements in the document.

AES GCM Changes:
* I have added my feedback using track changes (only up to and including page 11)
I'm not sure where those are?
* Page 3 and 5: The meaning of the following section is not clear to me: " The key type for K must be compatible with CKM_AES_ECB and the C_EncryptInit/C_DecryptInit calls shall behave, with respect to K, as if they were called directly with CKM_AES_ECB, K and NULL parameters. "
This text was from the existing document. I've updated it to say key_type is CKK_AES, but I've kept the 'behavioral' comment with the not that this only applies to Encrypt/Decrypt, not the Message functions.

Thanks,
Dieter