Subject: Re: [pkcs11] Groups - AEAD proposal draft 3 uploaded

As you might be able to tell, doing in person meetings with some
of my crypto heads this week :-)

Question came up:

Why can't we have a truly "single operation" call?

That is, combine:
•	C_MessageEncryptInit
and
•	C_EncryptMessage

So it's only necessary to call "C_EncryptMessage" as a truly
single call?

That way, the library implementing the functions will also know
from the first call that this is a single part operation and
can act accordingly?

This may have come up, and I may have just forgotten... thanks!

Valerie

Make the Requirement to call C_MessageXXXXInit() explicit in the descriptions of
C_XXXXMessage() and CXXXXMessgeBegin
Fix conflicting flag values.

This should address most of the comments I received on AEAD
-- Mr. Robert Relyea
*Document Name*: AEAD proposal draft 3
<https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/document.php?document_id=58565>
*Description*
Fix numerous typos.
Make the Requirement to call C_MessageXXXXInit() explicit in the
descriptions of C_XXXXMessage() and CXXXXMessgeBegin
Fix conflicting flag values.

This should address most of the comments I received on AEAD
Download Latest Revision
<https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/58565/latest/AEAD_proposal.doc>
Public Download Link
<https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58565&wg_abbrev=pkcs11>
*Submitter*: Mr. Robert Relyea
*Group*: OASIS PKCS 11 TC
*Folder*: Working Drafts
*Date submitted*: 2016-07-21 15:30:21

--
Valerie Fenwick, http://bubbva.blogspot.com/ @bubbva
Solaris Cryptographic & Key Management Technologies, Manager