Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - AEAD proposal draft 3 uploaded

I think this is a good idea.

I think we should also consider supporting a similar single part API for some of the existing APIs (ie C_Encrypt, C_Sign...).

DJ

-----Original Message-----
From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Valerie Fenwick
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 6:14 AM
To: Robert Relyea <rrelyea@redhat.com>; pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

As you might be able to tell, doing in person meetings with some of my crypto heads this week :-)

Question came up:

Why can't we have a truly "single operation" call?

That is, combine:
•       C_MessageEncryptInit
and
•       C_EncryptMessage

So it's only necessary to call "C_EncryptMessage" as a truly single call?

That way, the library implementing the functions will also know from the first call that this is a single part operation and can act accordingly?

This may have come up, and I may have just forgotten... thanks!

Valerie

--
Valerie Fenwick, http://bubbva.blogspot.com/ @bubbva Solaris Cryptographic & Key Management Technologies, Manager Oracle Corporation: 4180 Network Circle, Santa Clara, CA, 95054.