Subject: Fwd: [soa-rm] FYI: New US Gov Certificate Authority and PKI dedicated to web services

Members of the PKCS 11 TC,

While I'm sure you all saw this, I'm forwarding from an abundance of caution.

Best,

/chet

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Natale, Bob <RNATALE@mitre.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:12 PM
To: "soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org" <soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org>

See below … major theme:

“The overall objective is for the US government to own and operate a broadly trusted PKI capability for web services. This includes one or more root certificates in commercial and open source trusted root stores under which the US government may safely issue certificates securing connections to government services. These certificates would be trusted by all major browsers, operating systems, and other applications that rely on stores of commonly trusted roots. This includes Mozilla and Google, as well as Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, and others.”

Avanti,

BobN

- - - - -