Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - Flexible KDF Draft 1 uploaded

Hi Darren,

that’s an interesting proposal. I have included a few minor comments and questions in the document itself, please check the track changes and comments. The most important question for me is: When passing (a pointer to) a CK_FKDF_COUNTER_PARAM structure, is C_Derive supposed to increment that counter after using for key derivation? Or is the application supposed to increment the counter after C_Derive has returned? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Dieter

From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Darren Johnson
Sent: Montag, 13. März 2017 02:58
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [pkcs11] Groups - Flexible KDF Draft 1 uploaded

Submitter's message
The Flexible KDF proposal draft 1 is uploaded and ready for initial review.
This proposal was originally written for use outside of this TC. As such, it is written in a format/style that is not consistent with the PKCS#11 standard.

-- Mr. Darren Johnson

Document Name: Flexible KDF Draft 1

Description
A proposal for a new symmetric key derivation mechanism.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Darren Johnson
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC
Folder: Documents
Date submitted: 2017-03-12 18:57:48

Utimaco IS GmbH
Germanusstr. 4, D.52080 Aachen, Germany, Tel: +49-241-1696-0, www.utimaco.com
Seat: Aachen – Registergericht Aachen HRB 18922
VAT ID No.: DE 815 496 496
Managementboard: Malte Pollmann (Chairman) CEO, Dr. Frank J. Nellissen CFO

This communication is confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at https://www.utimaco.com/en/e-mail-disclaimer/