Subject: Groups - Profile Objects Proposal Draft 1 uploaded

Submitter's message
We want to be able to query profile conformance programaticaly. Instead of adding a new object type, it seems that the existing HW feature type fit the bill pretty well. If there are objections, we could create a new object type under storage. I have not allocated the CKH_PROFILE number yet until we get some comments on this proposal

Things to note in this proposal. I made CK_VALUE for this hardware type a CK_ULONG. This, as far as I know, would be the only object with a CK_ULONG for CK_VALUE. Certain aggregators and switches may not like this. Please speak up if this is an issue.

Once this proposal is in good shape I intend to propose a new smart card profile which is the equivalent the NSS's PUBLICLY_READABLE_CERTS flag.

I only added Profile times to Provider Profiles since a PKCS #11 module is unlikely to advertise consumer profile. If a profile ID might be generally useful in the future I can define the additional profiles.
-- Mr. Robert Relyea
Document Name: Profile Objects Proposal Draft 1

Description
We want to be able to query profile conformance programaticaly.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Robert Relyea
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC