Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - GMAC corrections and enhancements uploaded

I agree it doesn’t make a lot of sense, especially considering we don’t allow CKM_AES_CMAC to derive (according to 2.40).

If we did ever want to allow a GMAC/CMAC/HMAC based derivation we could define a separate mechanism much like CKM_SHAXXX_KEY_DERIVATION exists for the SHA based digest mechanisms.

If nobody has a counter opinion I’ll remove that check in an updated revision.

-Dave

From: Dieter Bong [mailto:Dieter.Bong@utimaco.com]
Sent: April-24-17 7:01 AM
To: Gascon David <david.gascon@gemalto.com>; pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

David and all TC members,

While reviewing the GMAC proposal I noticed that table 60 allows CKM_AES_GMAC not only for functions “Sign & Verify” but also for function “Derive”. Does that make sense? CKM_AES_MAC, CKM_AES_CMAC and CKM_SHAnnn_HMAC are also not foreseen for key derivation. I suggest to remove the “√” symbol for the Derive function.

Thanks,

Dieter