Subject: RE: [pkcs11] intro and proposals

Hi Stefan !

Welcome to the group! Please do plan to join our bi-weekly meetings when we restart in January.

As far as timing on 3.0, we've passed the deadline for new proposals and we are reviewing the revisions right now.  As far as including additional content, please work with Tony to get it on the agenda to discuss with the committee.

Valerie

-----Original Message-----
From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Stefan Marsiske
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 6:06 AM
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [pkcs11] intro and proposals

Dear PKCS#11 TC,

I'm Stefan Marsiske (quite googleable for personal details, which I omit for that reason) - new to the TC, I joined a bit before the summer, but was lurking so far. I became a member to add a few mechanisms. I have been triggered by Tim&Tony 2 weeks ago, that the window for 3.0 is closing and if I want to I should overcome my shyness.

The mechanisms I would like to propose for inclusion in PKCS#11 (preferably v3.0) are: Salsa20, XSalsa20, Chacha20[*], XChacha20, Blake2b, XEDDSA, Extended Triple DH, Double Ratchet.

[*] the accepted Chacha20 is in fact the IETF variant, which uses a different nonce and is only capable of handling 256GB maximum with the same key/nonce pair.

I will send four separate mails with each proposal and some more details, so we can compartmentalize the discussions for each proposal.

ho ho ho,
merry xmas,
stefan