Subject: Approved and draft minutes

Hi folks –

Announcements/new business missed (due to noise): Minutes will now include an explicit list of attendees, and any voter status changes (to better align with OASIS minuting requirements) .  Header file repos are now linked off of main TC Public page and our TC Wiki.

Note: I didn’t list EVERY member in minutes, but those we most often see. If you’re missing and think you should be listed, please let me know. Of course, if you attend, you will get added J

Approved minutes from August 22, 2018 have been uploaded to calendar as approved document:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/63876/20180822-minutes.pdf

Draft minutes:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/Meetingminutes/Minutes05092018

Inline copy of draft minutes included below.

Thanks,

Valerie

September 5, 2018 Meeting Minutes - Draft

Meeting commenced 1:00 PM PST

  • Roll call (Tony) - quorum achieved.(13 of 14 Voting Members Present)

Meeting Attendees

Name

Affiliation

Role

Present

Tony Cox

Cryptsoft Pty Ltd

Co-Chair, Voting Member

Yes

Bob Relyea

Red Hat

Co-Chair, Voting Member

Yes

Valerie Fenwick

Intel

Secretary, Voting Member

Yes

Dieter Bong

Utimaco IS GmbH

Voting Member

Yes

Hamish Cameron

Thales e-Security

Voting Member

Yes

Justin Corlett

Cryptsoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Yes

Indra Fitzgerald

Micro Focus

Voting Member

Yes

Tim Hudson

Cryptsoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Gershon Janssen

Individual

Member

Darren Johnson

SafeNet, Inc.

Voting Member

Yes

John Leiseboer

QuintessenceLabs Pty Ltd

Member

Daniel Minder

Utimaco IS GmbH

Voting Member

Yes

Bruce Rich

CryptSoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Yes

Greg Scott

CryptSoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Yes

Gerald Stueve

Fornetix

Voting Member

Yes

Chris Zimman

Individual

Voting Member

Yes

Proposed agenda

  • Roll call
  • Review / approval of the agenda
  • Approve Minutes (August 22, 2018)
  • V3.0 Items
    • Review Spec V3 from Chris Z
    • Review Mechanisms V3 form Chris Z
    • Profiles document
    • Revisit Function list(including Daniel's updated proposal)
    • Update header files
    • Usage Guide
    • Planning to review/complete
  • New business
    • Minutes changes
    • Postponed: header file licensing
  • Next meeting
  • Call for late arrivals
  • Adjourn

Motion to approve Agenda

  • Daniel moved, Gerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

Motion to approve meeting minutes

·         August 22, 2018

  • Dieter moved. Gerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Minutes approved.

v3.0 Items

Review Spec V3 from Chris Z, Review Mechanisms V3 form Chris Z

  • Co-editors hope to have an update in 2 weeks time.
  • Chris will unlikely renew his OASIS membership this fall as an individual, so please reach out to him in the near future for anything you would need from him.

Review Mechanisms V3 from Chris Z

Profiles document

  • Feedback came from Daniel, but Tim is not here to reply to them, yet.

Revisit Functions List in headers and update header files overall

  • Daniel was still waiting for more feedback, there were variants. He uploaded all of the items that were decided in the last meeting.
  • Not everyone saw the email that was sent by OASIS website when document was uploaded (may explain lack of comments?), Dieter will send an email with pointer to which one he wants reviewed (it was uploaded as an update)

·         Latest version: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/63797/interfaces_and_functions_list_v2.docx

  • We will finalize next week. Please review before next week so we can vote next week.
  • Pending editorial work, this is the last outstanding item.

Update header files

  • Latest header files are in the git repo, on OASIS. No more likely changes, until Function List issue is addressed.

Usage guide

  • John not in attendance today. deferred.

Planning for review/complete

New business

  • Minutes update: Minutes will now include explicit list of attendees, minutes will be inlined in email as well, and roster changes will be noted to all.
  • Housekeeping: Header files linked off of main TC page and Wiki.
  • Postponed: Bob would like to discuss the licensing of the header file in the next meeting.

Next meeting

  • Next meeting will be Sept 2018.

Call for late arrivals

  • Indra, Darren

Motion to Adjourn

  • Greg moved. Daniel seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Adjourned.

Meeting Adjourned at 1:25 PM PST