Subject: Draft and Approved Minutes

Hi Folks –

Please note, whomever covers for me, we have a new minute format to align with OASIS rules, please follow new format in wiki and this email to share the minutes. I am out Oct 9-22.

Here are the approved minutes from Sept 5, 2018:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/63974/20180905-minutes.pdf

Draft minutes for September 19, 2018:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/Meetingminutes/Minutes19092018

Please send me any comments/concerns/edits for the minutes before our next meeting.

No membership changes after this meeting.

See below for inline minutes

Thank you!

Valerie

September 19, 2018 Meeting Minutes - Draft

Meeting commenced 1:00 PM PST

  • Roll call (Tony) - quorum achieved.(12 of 14 Voting Members Present)

Meeting Attendees

Name

Affiliation

Role

Present

Tony Cox

Cryptsoft Pty Ltd

Co-Chair, Voting Member

Yes

Bob Relyea

Red Hat

Co-Chair, Voting Member

Yes

Valerie Fenwick

Intel

Secretary, Voting Member

Yes

Dieter Bong

Utimaco IS GmbH

Voting Member

Hamish Cameron

Thales e-Security

Voting Member

Yes

Justin Corlett

Cryptsoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Yes

Indra Fitzgerald

Micro Focus

Voting Member

Yes

Tim Hudson

Cryptsoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Yes

Gershon Janssen

Individual

Member

Darren Johnson

SafeNet, Inc.

Voting Member

Yes

John Leiseboer

QuintessenceLabs Pty Ltd

Member

Daniel Minder

Utimaco IS GmbH

Voting Member

Yes

Bruce Rich

CryptSoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Yes

Greg Scott

CryptSoft Pty Ltd

Voting Member

Yes

Gerald Stueve

Fornetix

Voting Member

Yes

Chris Zimman

Individual

Voting Member

Proposed agenda

  • Roll call
  • Review / approval of the agenda
  • Approve Minutes (Sept 5, 2018)
  • V3.0 Items
    • Review Spec V3 from Chris Z
    • Review Mechanisms V3 form Chris Z
    • Profiles document
    • Revisit Function list(including Daniel's updated proposal)
    • Update header files
    • Usage Guide
    • Planning to review/complete
  • New business
    • Regular meeting time
    • Postponed: header file licensing
  • Next meeting
  • Call for late arrivals
  • Adjourn

Motion to approve Agenda

  • Tim moved, Daniel seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

Motion to approve meeting minutes

·         September 05, 2018

  • Daniel moved. Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Minutes approved.

v3.0 Items

Review Spec V3 from Chris Z, Review Mechanisms V3 form Chris Z

  • deferred.

Review Mechanisms V3 from Chris Z

  • deferred.

Profiles document

  • Tim sent an update out yesterday addressing known outstanding questions, there are some questions in the document.
  • Discussion on section 2.4 in profiles document, where to put the identifiers. Bob is recommending minimizing the number of places we define something.
  • Questions on whether or not header files/machine readable files are normative and authoritative. Tim states they are. Bob noted we had confusion in 2.40 where we did not treat them like that, but they should've been, and we could've avoided inconsistency issues between header files and base spec.
    • Table 5 in the base spec may be an issue, for example, to be revisited.
  • Tim has been cross-referencing against the headerfiles in github as he does this. Founds some inconsistencies. Tim will send a request to Bob requesting an identifier to get the update into the identifier database, or a pull request covering both sides.

Revisit Functions List in headers and update header files overall (including Daniel's updated proposal)

·         Daniel explained last meeting. Received feedback from Valerie & Tim. Tim wrote his own proposal, pointing out interface names should be UTF8 Chars Further discussion ensue about how to pull the functions out. Can find examples similar to each in the standard. Bob noted variant 0 was closest to what he was looking for, but hasn't seen Tim's proposal. (find everything that's possible, or just what you're interested in). There are several different potential use cases. We got here due to vendor's extending the function tables.

    • Daniel is about to go on a 1 month leave, and is happy to hand it over to Tim to get in shape for vote. Daniel is happy with Tim's approach as well.
    • Tim will work with Daniel before he goes on leave next week, and provide an updated proposal to the TC.
    • Tim noted that some of the rational here should be noted in the usage guide.
    • There are some deeper discussions possibly still to have (started in call) that need to be finished, ideally on the reflector so others can chime in.

Update header files

  • no updates until function list completed.

Usage guide

  • John not in attendance today. deferred.

Planning for review/complete

New business

  • Postponed: Bob would like to discuss the licensing of the header file in the next meeting.

Next meeting

  • Next meeting will be Oct 3, 2018.

Call for late arrivals

  • Gerry.

Motion to Adjourn

  • Tim moved. Gerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Adjourned.

Meeting Adjourned at 1:58 PM PST