Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - pkcs11-curr-v3.0-wd07.docx uploaded

All,

I have created a new working draft 07 of the PCKS#11 3.00 specification and uploaded it to the document library, see the server mail below.

There are quite some changes from Chris Zimmanâs working draft 6 to the current working draft 7. You can find a list of changes in  pkcs11-curr-v3.0-updates-from-wd06-to-wd07.docx. Due to the many changes, references to line numbers, and sometimes even references to section numbers, as made in former comments do not anymore fit for WD07, which sometimes makes it a bit difficult to find the origin of the comment â. All changes have been tracked in the document, except for the final update of TOC and internal references.

As the PKCS#11 spec has grown over time, different editors have used (slightly) different formatting for some sections / definitions / examples. I have tried to fix the most obvious formatting issues, but this is far from complete when also looking for minor formatting issues. I propose to keep formatting as is for PKCS#11 3.00 (except someone finds a major misformat that I may have missed), and review formatting with the next release(s) of the standard.

The following is still open before the document can be finalized:

  • The sections about GOST have an unusual structure: Section 2.55 lists all GOST mechanisms, which are then explained and defined in sections 2.56 for GOST 28147-89, 2.57 for GOST R 34.11-94 and 2.58 for GOST R 34.10-2001. We should decide whether we leave it like this, or otherwise update the structure as is used for other algorithms, i.e. include the mechanism definitions from section 2.55 into the respective section 2.56 / 2.57 / 2.58 and then remove section 2.55. This should be discussed and decided in the next TC meeting.
  • Appendix A âAcknowledgmentsâ : Which individuals shall be listed here? Is this the list of TC members as of today?
  • Appendix B Copyright statement: Change 2013 to 2018? Otherwise OK as is? Or â?
  • Appendix B.1 âOTP Definitionsâ mentions a header file otp-pkcs11.h. There is no such include file on github. Is there / where is an official version of otp-pkcs11.h ?

Best regards,

Dieter

Viele GrÃÃe / Best regards,

Dieter Bong