Subject: Friendly reminder: Working draft updates

All,

A friendly reminder to have a look at the WD updates Ive posted last week and at the comments from Darren. See below.

We really need to move forward tomorrow.

Thanks,

Daniel

From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org <pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Daniel Minder
Sent: Dienstag, 26. März 2019 09:16
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [pkcs11] Working draft updates

All,

I've just uploaded a new base and mech working draft.

The changes are mostly based on what we did in the F2F meeting, some even by direct editing there.

Please have a look especially at the Edwards and Montgomery EC curves since RFC 8410 was added there in parallel to our intended usage.

Changes in Base:

- Removed solved comments of Tim Hudson

- Removed C_LoginUser from CK_FUNCTION_LIST since it's a 3.0 function

- Switched C_LoginUser and C_SessionCancel in CK_FUNCTION_LIST_3_0 to align with header file

- Changed C_GetInterfaceLists to C_GetInterfaceList at some places (5.4.4 - 5.4.6)

- Changed comments in C_EncryptMessageFinal sample code to C style

- Changed CK_GCM_AEAD_PARAMS to CK_GCM_MESSAGE_PARAMS in C_EncryptMessageFinal sample code

- Added CKR_TOKEN_RESOURCE_EXCEEDED to all sign and verify functions except for their Init functions

Changes in Curr:

- Added CKF_EC_CURVENAME to table 34

- Changed CK_GCM_AEAD_PARAMS to CK_GCM_MESSAGE_PARAMS

- Reworked section 2.13 (additional AES mechanisms) during F2F

  Additionally:

  - Removed Derive for CKM_AES_GMAC in Table 80 since this is not defined in section 2.13.4

- Removed solved comments of Chris

- typos and formatting

- Edwards curves and RFC 8410:

  - Added reference to RFC 8410 at several places in 2.3.5 - 2.3.14

  - Clarified that Edwards/Montgomery curves specified with curveName are incompatible with curves specified with oId (since RFC 8410 is designed like this)

  - Added explanation for CKM_TOKEN_RESOURCE_EXCEEDED error in 2.3.14

  - Changed sample template for edwards public key objects in 2.3.5 since the parameter spec was in ecPoint instead of ecParams

  - Added "allowed key types" table in 2.3.17 - 2.3.20 (they were lost when copying from the proposal), but corrected it for ECDH with cofactor since this is not possible according to RFC8032.

- Corrected some formatting issues raised by Darren

NOT INCLUDED OR RESOLVED are most comments from Darren to Curr WD08. Please, please have a look at his comments since we should come to a resolution during the next phone call. Also, we have to vote for revised HKDF.

Thanks,

Daniel

Utimaco IS GmbH
Germanusstr. 4, D.52080 Aachen, Germany, Tel: +49-241-1696-0, www.utimaco.com
Seat: Aachen – Registergericht Aachen HRB 18922
VAT ID No.: DE 815 496 496
Managementboard: Stefan Auerbach (Chairman) CEO, Malte Pollmann CSO, Dr. Frank J. Nellissen CFO

This communication is confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at https://www.utimaco.com/en/e-mail-disclaimer/