Subject: Difficulty in publishing two of your PKCS#11 documents

PKCS11 TC members,

I am trying to prepare your material for publication, but the approval process used and recorded in the minutes of your TC meetings does not allow me to proceed with two of the four publication requests:
- PKCS#11 Profiles v3.0 (ticketÂhttps://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-3392)
 approval link:Âhttps://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/Meetingminutes/Minutes24042019 (see [1])
- PKCS#11 Current Mechanisms v3.0 (ticketÂhttps://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-3455)
 approval link isÂhttps://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/Meetingminutes/Minutes01052019 (see [2])

In both cases, the approval motions are confusing, and the preparation process was not correct.

Let me simply tell you what needs to be done in these cases, and in the future:

The specification document (MS-Word) and any associated files MUST be included together into a ZIP file BEFORE the motion to approve is made. The approval motion should point to this single ZIP file.

(This is the intended meaning of "packaged together". It means "packaged together into a ZIP file". This phrase is used, but is actually not applied in your motions.)

Let me elaborate a bit on the difficulties I faced in trying to figure out what was approved in the recorded minutes:

For "Profiles", the motion (April 24) points to the DOCX file, and to a github repository (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/pkcs11/tree/master/working/3-00-current). That github repository contains three files, one of which was updated on May 2, after the motion was passed. Changes to the content of the approved material are not allowed after approval.

For "Current Mechanisms", the motion (May 1) points to a DOCX file, and to the SAME github repository listed for "Profiles", with the same three files! The text of the document contains a link to "pkcs11-curr-v30.h", but none of the file in the github repository has that name.

I am not able to sort through your active github repository to try to figure out what you want to publish. Again, this is very simply solved by putting everything into a ZIP file.

You MUST prepare the material before it's submitted for approval, and include all of the parts into a single ZIP file in Kavi.

I very much regret the delay involved here, but we will have to ask you to prepare these specifications into zip files and (since it appears that some of the content has changed in each case since the motions recorded in the minutes) then approve them again.

[1] motion:
I move that the OASIS PKCS#11 TC issue OASIS PKCS#11 Profiles v3.0 WD05 and the associated artifacts packaged together in the PKCS#11 archive atÂhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/document.php?document_id=65158ÂandÂhttps://github.com/oasis-tcs/pkcs11/tree/master/working/3-00-currentÂrepository as the PKCS#11 Profiles V3.0 Committee Specification Review DraftÂ[...]Â
[2] motion:Â
I move that the OASIS PKCS#11 TC issue OASIS PKCS#11 Current Mechanisms v3.0 WD10 Rev2 and the associated artefacts packaged together in the PKCS#11 archive atÂhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/65215/pkcs11-curr-v3.0-wd10.docxÂandÂhttps://github.com/oasis-tcs/pkcs11/tree/master/working/3-00-currentÂas the PKCS#11 Current Mechanisms V3.0 Public Review DraftÂÂ[...]Â

Best regards,
Paul
--
Paul Knight....Document Process Analyst...mobile: +1 781-883-1783
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society