Subject: Draft and approved minutes

Hi Folks

Here are our approved minutes from 13 November 2019:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/66397/20191113-minutes.pdf

And our draft minutes from last week. I apologize for the delay in getting them out, and thank you to Tony for getting all of the links for the big motion sorted and into the minutes:

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/Meetingminutes/Minutes04122019

Inline below for reference.

Thank you!

Valerie

Dec 04, 2019 Meeting Minutes

Meeting commenced 1:00 PM PST

  • Roll call (Tony) - quorum achieved.
  • Valerie taking minutes, updates from Tony.

Attendance

  • Attendance noted in KAVI

Proposed agenda

  • Agenda
  • Roll call
  • Review / approval of the agenda
  • Approve Minutes (13 November 2019)
  • V3.0 Items
    • PR comments review
    • Mechanisms vs header files
      • Recent build errors comment
  • V3.1
    • Status
    • Wiki
    • IKE Proposal
      • Any strong feelings on CKM_IKE_PRF_PLUS_DERIVE vs CKM_IKE2_PRF_PLUS_DERIVE vs CKM_IKE2_PRF_DERIVE
      • Use of bool flag to indicate the presences of an optional key object in the params rather than indicating the presence with a non CK_INVALID_HANDLE value.
  • New business
    • Comment - CKM_ECDH_AES_Key_Wrap (Timo T)
    • HKDF
    • SP 800 KDF
    • Comments from Patrick Steuer
  • Interop ICMC 2020
  • Next meeting
  • Call for late arrivals
  • Adjourn

Motion to approve Agenda

  • Dieter moved, Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

Motion to approve meeting minutes

  • November 13, 2019
  • Greg moved, Hamish seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Minutes approved.

v3.0 Items

  • Dieter: Noticed many corrections from PKCS#11 2.40 errata 01 had not been included in the latest 3.0 draft, uploaded to the latest draft.
  • Daniel: found some other identifiers missing from the header files, from 2.40 errata 01. Bob has been making the updates to the header file. There were 2 missing resolutions from the header files.
  • Dieter: There are a few other missing items, particularly around the double ratchet functionality. Once those are fixed and Daniel has finished his review, we should have full consistency.
  • Tony: Next steps are to take a special majority ballot for the next steps to go into short public review, as long as we haven't made any material changes. Recommended Bob R see mechanisms review #9.
  • Tony: has updated the comment resolution log to fix some typos. Call for motion
  • Valerie: Concerned that it seems we missed that we didn't start 3.0 from 2.40 errata 01. Knows she was concerned before, as were others, but she thought someone had done the effort to verify that 3.0 had been started from the right place. With the news from Dieter & Daniel that we had not, Valerie is concerned that this may be bigger than material. Valerie is not concerned with the quality of work done by Dieter & Daniel.
  • Daniel: The header files were right, there were a lot of typos and missing definitions from the mech specification. PKCS#5 PKBD2 params were a bigger concern, but they were always in the header files.
  • Tim: Since they could use the old header files and have the right starting place.
  • Daniel & Bob clarified that the header file started from the right place, it was just missing some new items from 3.0 that appeared elsewhere in the specification.
  • Valerie's concerns are resolved given the state of the starting place of the header files.
  • Tony: Thank you, Bob, Dieter and Daniel for doing a meticulous review! Much appreciated by all!

Motion to Approve the PKCS#11 v3.0 CSPRD Comment Resolution Log

  • Motion to approve the PKCS#11 v3.0 CSPRD comment resolution log. Dieter moves, Greg seconds. No objections, comments or abstentions. Motion approved.

Motion to Approve the next steps on PKCS#11 v3.0 lifecycle

as a Committee Specification. I further move that the TC affirm that changes have been made since the last public review, that the changes made are documented in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/66357/PKCSk#11-v3.0-CSD-PR-Comments-TC%20Response-v4.pdf and that the TC judges these changes to be Non-Material in accordance with the definition in the OASIS TC Process (http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange). Jonathan seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Motion approved.

v3.1

Status

  • No updates.

Wiki

  • no updates

IKE Proposal

  • no updates.

HSS Specification

  • New proposal from Michelle.

Outstanding Items

  • Comment - CKM_ECDH_AES_Key_Wrap (Timo T)
    • This will need to go to 3.1 space.
  • HKDF (Martin's comments)
    • This will be 3.1 space.
  • SP 800 KDF
    • Bob confirms this made it into the last 3.0 document, all changes were non-material, and additionally some misunderstandings by the person that made the comment.

New business

  • Comments from Jakob
    • Dieter was able to incorporate them, as they were non-material.

Face to Face February 19, 2020

  • Bob will host - thank you!
  • Bring forth agenda items, proposals, etc to Bob & Tony so they can create the agenda.
  • Joint Dinner (KMIP TC).
    • Greg moves to request the TC Chairs to request funding from ID Trust for a joint dinner with KMIP TC. Dieter seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Motion approved.

Interop ICMC 2020

  • Looking at creating some speaking slots, a panel for the interop.
  • Additionally, organizers would like a list of speaker topics from the TC to share with the conference organizers. Please send ideas to the reflector or to Bob & Tony.

Next meeting

  • Next meeting will be December 18, 2019 to avoid US Holiday.

Call for late arrivals

  • Tim.

Motion to Adjourn

  • Jonathan moved. Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Meeting adjourned.

Meeting Adjourned at 1:47 PM PST