Subject: Approved and draft minutes

HI all

Here are the minutes from this week, including the statement from Bob  R. (it matches what I recall from the meeting, but the conversation was going faster than I could note):

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/Meetingminutes/Minutes18032020

And our approved minutes:

Approved Meeting Minutes - 11 March 2020

Feb 19, 2020 – Face to Face

Thanks!

Valerie

March 18, 2020 Meeting Minutes

Meeting commenced 1:00 PM PST

  • Roll call (Tony) - quorum achieved.
  • Tony taking minutes.

Attendance

  • Attendance noted in KAVI

Proposed agenda

  • Roll call
  • Review / approval of the agenda
  • Approve Minutes (Feb 19, 2020 - F2F)
  • Approve Minutes (Mar 11, 2020)
  • V3.0 Items
  • F2F Meeting AIs
  • PKCS#11 V3.1
    • Wiki Items Review
    • Edwards ECC keys (list discussion)
  • Daniel M's leave of absence
  • Next meeting
  • Call for late arrivals
  • Adjourn

Motion to approve Agenda

  • Hamish moved, Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

Approve Minutes (Feb 19, 2020 - F2F)

  • Jonathan moved, Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

Approve Minutes (Mar 11, 2020)

  • Hamish moved, Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

v3.0 Items

  • Now that we have approved minutes for March 11, 2020, Tony can now put in the requests for candidate specification. It will take a few weeks to formalize.

F2F Meeting AIs

  • The Action Items (AIs) have been recorded in the face to face minutes. Many were related to updating the wiki, many have been actioned already. we can track them going forward here.
  • Valerie to pull them out of the notes and put on next time's agenda. We can be more clear on what is or is not closed.

PKCS#11 V3.1

Wiki Items Review

  • We need Tim for the XML test cases.
  • HSS: Michele got more comments on the HSS. She sent in a new draft on Sunday. Got feedback from Philip, things that needed more thought.
    • One thing she did not match in the NIST publication in the way the tables are arranged. The NIST tables may be easier to specify how the types can be used together. Should she match the NIST publication style?
      • We are open to document style, as long as it's flexible.
    • May want to cover this in profiles document - need to discuss with Tim to cover XML based test cases for this.
    • Michele assigned some identifiers, even though NIST still has them as TBD. Trying to match what is there (some start at 0, some start at 1).
      • We don't have to be the same as NIST, but then we will have to have a mapping. We could just put as TBD until they catch up. The RFC is following NIST. Let's wait on the NIST identifiers.
    • Bob R: (text of statement provided by Bob): HSS private keys are dangerous to copy. They are also essentially throw away keys since they have a limited useful signature count. Because of this so all PKCS #11 HSS keys are non-extractable, and should never be released through the PKCS #11 interface. Should an HSS key be lost or damaged, the recovery is to issue a new key and distribute it through the whatever application mechanism exists for rekeying when the previous key has exhausted the signatures it can use.
      • Addendum in today's meeting: HSMs could have private ways of exporting a key as long as the method guarantees the key has been moved and not copied.
    • Discussion on the hashing options as well.
    • Michele will send a request for an additional identifier, Bob will issue them all at once.
    • A quick pass through the rest of the 3.1 items to remind us, some are past our first deadline, but given current situation, it's understandable.
      • TLS 1.3 needs a new identifier - Bob will send it out.

Edwards ECC keys (list discussion)

  • Please take a look at the email discussion and we can revisit in a couple of weeks when we meet again.

Approve Daniel Minder's Leave of Absence (March 11 to June 10)

  • Greg moved, Jerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

New business

  • None

Next meeting

  • Next meeting will be April 1, 2020.

Call for late arrivals

  • 2 noted.

Motion to Adjourn

  • Tony moved. Jerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Meeting adjourned.

Meeting Adjourned at 1:49 PM PST