Subject: RE: [pkcs11] OAEP/PSS and SHA-2

Jakub,

Thanks. Yes, the mechanism parameters are my concern. For example does the
token support SHA-2 for the mask generation function in OAEP or PSS? The only
way to tell is to generate a key pair and call C_SignInit/C_DecryptInit with
the value in question and see if it works.

Sincerely,
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org <pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of
Jakub Jelen
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 4:38 AM
To: Jonathan Schulze-Hewett <schulze-hewett@infoseccorp.com>;
pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

On Mon, 2020-07-06 at 18:00 +0000, Jonathan Schulze-Hewett wrote:
> I can't find a way to query a token to see if it supports OAEP or PSS
> with SHA-2. Am I missing something or is this an item that we should
> look at addressing?

I see the following mechanism in version 2.4 [1] (and other SHA2
around):

CKM_SHA256_RSA_PKCS_PSS

There are no corresponding mechanisms for OAEP. But as OAEP is encryption, the
pre-hashing does not make sense.

On the other hand, if you talk about mechanism parameters, I do not think
there is any discovery mechanism at this moment.

[1]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v2.40/cs01/pkcs11-curr-v2.40-cs01.html#_Toc399398853

Regards,
--