Subject: FW: [pkcs11-comment] CKA_WRAP_WITH_TRUSTED and changing its value

All,

Here is my proposed answer to John’s mail on the PKCS11 comment list. IMO there is not much we can say now since we have not discussed the content with the TC.

I’ll try to prepare an overview of the various attributes and their restrictions (and how those are specified) soon to have a better picture.

Best,

Daniel

John,

Thanks for bringing up this issue.

The PKCS #11 Technical Committee has identified several unclarities with respect to the changeability of an attribute – and CKA_WRAP_WITH_TRUSTED is just one of them. For example, is there a difference between footnote 8 and mentioning the ability to modify a certain attribute in the text? There should be a uniform way to specify this.

Since PKCS #11 standard 3.1 does not accept new contributions necessary rework is pushed to version 3.2, which will start soon.

Kind regards,

Daniel