Subject: FW: [pkcs11] Groups - Restructure-PKCS11-DSAwithHashing.docx uploaded

Dear TC PKCS11 members,

While merging the formerly separate base specification and current mechanism specification into a single document for PKCS#11 v3.1, Tony and I discussed a few options to restructure the specification. The intent is to make it easier to read for developers, and easier to extend for editors.

The document below is a 1st proposal addressing DSA with hashing and ECDSA with hashing. In case the TC approves to go ahead with this proposal, we can apply similar updates to sections RSA with hashing, and to the many sections about hash functions we currently have in the spec. Ideally these all go into PKCS#11 v3.2.

@Robert Relyea <rrelyea@redhat.com>

Can you please put this on the agenda for our next meeting Wed Feb 2.

Best regards,

Dieter

From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org <pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Dieter Bong
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 2:02 PM
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

Submitter's message
1st proposal for restructuring sections for DSA with hashing and rewording ECDSA with hashing in PKCS#11 specification v3.2.
Intention is to make PKCS#11 specification easier to read, and easier to extend with additional hash functions in future.
-- Mr. Dieter Bong

Document Name: Restructure-PKCS11-DSAwithHashing.docx

Description
PKCS#11 v3.2 Proposal for restructuring sections for DSA with hashing and
rewording ECDSA with hashing.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Dieter Bong
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC
Folder: Working Drafts
Date submitted: 2022-01-31 05:01:59

Utimaco IS GmbH
Germanusstr. 4, D.52080 Aachen, Germany, Tel: +49-241-1696-0, www.utimaco.com
Seat: Aachen – Registergericht Aachen HRB 18922
VAT ID No.: DE 815 496 496
Managementboard: Stefan Auerbach (Chairman) CEO, Malte Pollmann CSO, Martin Stamm CFO

This communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the email.