Subject: PKCS11 minutes for Meeting on 16-Feb-2022

Chet Ensign has asked that the minutes of the meetings of Feb 16 and Mar 02 be passed through the email list for PKCS11 as part of the process to move to Committee Specification as the Kavi Wiki versions can be edited and effectively are not authoritative.

The following are the minutes of the meeting dated 16-Feb-2022, note these are in the Kavi format, I have attached a PDF print version for those who dislike the Kavi Format.

= February 16, 2022 Meeting Minutes =
== Meeting commenced 1:00 PM PDT ==
 * Roll call (Bob) - quorum achieved.
 * Greg S taking minutes.

=== Attendance ===
 * Attendance noted in KAVI

== Proposed agenda ==
 * Roll call
 * Review / approval of the agenda
 * Approve Minutes (Feb 02, 2022)
 * Co-chair
  * we need a replacement co-editor and co-chair with Tony leaving.
 * PKCS#11 v3.1
  * Approve WD-11 again
 * PKCS#11 v3.2
  * FIPS indicators
 * v3.0 Errata
 * New Business
 * Next meeting
 * Call for late arrivals
 * Adjourn

==== Motion to approve Agenda ====
 * Tim H moved, Daniel M seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

==== Motion to approve Minutes (February 2, 2022) ====
 * Minutes posted for [[https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/MeetingMinutes02022022|February 2, 2022]]
 * Johnathon S moved, Hamish C seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Minutes approved.

==== Motion to Nominate Co-Chair ====
 * No nominations at this point.

==== Motion to Nominate Co-Editor ====
 * No nominations at this point.

== PKCS#11 V3.1 ==
=== Approve WD 11 & Profiles ===
 * Noted that the motion to proceed with the Specification and Profiles in a combined motion had some technical errors as the test cases were not included in the zip file uploaded to Kavi. Bob R and Greg S have been in contact with TC Admin and have worked out a path forward. In short the motion from last meeting is to be rescinded and two motions for the Specification and profiles are to be raised with appropriate documents loaded into Kavi.

=== Motion to Rescind Combined Spec & Profiles ===
 * I move that The TC approve that the motion approved in the meeting of February 2, 2022 to approve PKCS#11 Specification Version 3.1 Working Draft 11 and PKCS#11 Profiles Version 3.1 Committee Specification draft 01 Update2 along with all associated artifacts packaged together in [[https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69566/pkcs11-spec-v3.1-wd11.zip | pkcs11-spec-v3.1-wd11.zip]] as a Committee Specification Draft be rescinded and that corrected motions be raised.
 * Greg S moved, Johnathan S seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Motion approved.

=== Motion to Approve Specification ===
 * I move that the TC approve PKCS#11 Specification Version 3.1 Working Draft 11 along with all associated artifacts packaged together in [[https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69605/pkcs11-spec-v3.1-wd11-rev2.zip | pkcs11-spec-v3.1-wd11-rev2.zip]]  as a Committee Specification Draft and designate the PDF version of the specification as authoritative. I further move that the TC approve submitting this document for 30 days public review.
 * Greg S moved, Dieter B seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Motion approved.

=== Motion to Approve Profiles ===
 * I move that the TC approve PKCS#11 Profiles Version 3.1 CSD01 Update2 along with all associated artifacts packaged together in [[https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69604/pkcs11-profiles-v3.1.zip | pkcs11-profiles-v3.1.zip]] as a Committee Specification Draft and designate the PDF version of the specification as authoritative. I further move that the TC approve submitting this document for 30 days public review.
 * Greg S moved, Daniel M seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Motion approved.

== PKCS#11 V3.2 ==
=== FIPS indicator ===
 * No change to current status

== v3.0 Errata ==
 * Comments received from Paul Knight, Greg S to process this for next meeting.

== New business ==
 * Short discussion regarding comments about CKF_RNG, CKR_RANDOM_NO_RNG and C_GenerateRandom Daniel M picked up from pkcs11-comments list. Suggested that this could be a topic for next meeting after people have had a chance to think about this.

== Next meeting ==
 * Next meeting will be March  2, 2022
 * Moved Bob R, Seconded Greg S. No objections, comments or abstentions. Next Meeting Scheduled.

== Call for late arrivals ==
 * None

==== Motion to Adjourn ====
 * Tim H moved, Daniel M seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Meeting adjourned.

== Meeting Adjourned at 1:28 PM PDT ==

Greg Scott
E: greg.scott@cryptsoft.com
M: +61 406 255 166