Subject: Notice of Motion(s) at meeting of June 8, 2022

Following on from the public review of the PKCS11 Specification v3.1 and PKCS11 Profiles V3.1 Profiles as Committee Specification Drafts I would like to progress to the next step as a Committee Specification and this will require motions from the TC to request a Special Majority Vote.

The profiles document did not receive any comments and as such can proceed.

The specifications document did get some comments which were a mix of historical references no longer being correct and some Microsoft Word Artefacts that rendered some symbols incorrectly when output as HTML and which some browsers displayed as different symbols. Dieter Bong has updated the Committee Specification Draft and uploaded this to the document registry at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69913/pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd02-wd01.docx

For reference the comments are recorded in the TC Documents register at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69996/TCADMIN-4164%20Comment%202022-06-23.pdf and the comment resolution log for each of these comments is at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69997/comment-resolution-log-pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd01.xlsx

I have checked the document updated by Dieter, and have searched for additional instances of the noted issues and am unable to find and that have been missed, accepted all revisions then exported it as both a PDF and HTML and was able to determine that it is rendering correctly under Acrobat as well as both Firefox and Safari whereas the earlier version did not render correctly using those browsers.

So with that I believe that we need to accept that the comment resolution log has correctly listed the corrections made and submit the revised committee specification draft for a special majority vote as a committee specification.

Motion 1
========

That the TC agrees that the comments received during the public review period for PKCS #11 Specification Version 3.1 Committee Specification Draft 01 were non material and that the revised pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd02-wd01.docx at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69913/pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd02-wd01.docx reflects all comments received and further that the comment-resolution-log-pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd01.xlsx at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69997/comment-resolution-log-pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd01.xlsx is an accurate record of the resolution of the comments received.

Motion 2
========

I move that the Chair request that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Vote to approve ÂPKCS #11 Specification Version 3.1 Committee Specification Draft 02 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69913/pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd02-wd01.docx as a Committee Specification. I further move that the TC affirm that changes have been made since the last public review, that the changes made are documented in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69997/comment-resolution-log-pkcs11-spec-v3.1-csd01.xlsx and that the TC judges these changes to be Non-Material in accordance with the definition in the OASIS TC Process (http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#dNonmaterialChange).

Motion 3
========

I move that the Chair request that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Ballot to approve PKCS #11 Profiles Version 3.1 Committee Specification Draft 02 contained in https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/69731/pkcs11-profiles-v3.1-csd02.html as a Committee Specification.
I think that covers what we need to do, if anyone spots any errors I have made then please feel free to reply to the group so we can get all of this ready for the meeting. Also apologies for a couple of name changes of documents, I am currently running a bunch of different edits and at some point got my name sequences out of order.

I will follow this up with an updated agenda.
Regards
Greg

Greg Scott
E: greg.scott@cryptsoft.com