Subject: Updated Async Proposal

All,

Attached is an updated Asynchronous Operations proposal document. Changes from the previous version are in red.

I suspect I now have it the way Dieter was reading it, but we’ll see. The main change is how the pValue item in the CK_ASYNC_DATA struct is used. Previously, I was thinking it would be an input buffer. Now it is an output that contains a pointer to the original input buffer. This should allow clients to allocate memory for the operation, pass it into the library, and then get a pointer to the same memory when the operation later returns (and to cause chaos by providing a stack allocated buffer, but they’ll learn I suppose). I’m not sure how well that will work with C_GetOperationsState/C_SetOperationsState.

Sincerely,

Jonathan