Subject: CK_RSA_PKCS_OAEP_PARAMS Question

All,

We’ve encountered an interoperability issue using OAEP in which:

  • some vendors insist CK_RSA_PKCS_OAEP_SOURCE_TYPE be set to CKZ_DATA_SPECIFIED when there is no source data
  • others want it to be 0 when there is no source data
  • some don’t care what it is set to when there is no source data

There appears to be some ambiguity around what an “empty” parameter is. It’s been suggested that I approach the TC to see if we find a way to make it clearer? We could, for example, add a CKZ_NO_DATA_SPECIFIED 0x0000000UL item to the table, or add a note that source must always be CKZ_DATA_SPECIFIED even when there is no data specified.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Jonathan Schulze-Hewett

Vice President of Development