pki-comment message

Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: angase@teleline.es

My name is Ana Garcia

I am carrying out my thesis at Imec(Interuniversity MicroElectronics
Center), inside the Quality Assurance department.

A brief overview of the problem is explained bellow:

IMEC, Interuniversity Micro-Electronics Centre, is a company with a
staff of almost 1263 members and therefore a huge amount of documents
is generated and moved each day through the enterprise.

Once a first draft of the procedure has been written,Document Control
delivers the document to review list,when the final version has reached
the suitable content and it does not need modifications, it has to be
approved. One paper copy circulates among the people of the approval
list. The document is returned to DC after each approval. This takes
quite some time for a document to be fully approved.

Once the docuemnt(word file) is fully approved, a pdf file is made and
put available on the intranet. The approval is not visible in the pdf
file. They are looking for something equivalent to handwritten
signatures.

I have been reading about PKI in-house or outsourced,it is only for
internal documents without legal problems with another companies, the
level of security required is not so high, i think it would be suitable
an in-house pki but I am not sure about the possible cost, and if it is
worth.

Thanks for all your help,

Ana