pki-guidelines message

Subject: Re: [pki-guidelines] Re: [pki-guidlines] spc input please

Thanx Arshad,
Are you actually planning a real OASIS standard process?
Then we are likely talking about 18-24 months, 50-100 pages of detailed
information, hundreds of hours tel-cons, ballots and God knows what.

BTW, are there actually that many designers in the PKI-TC?

Regarding the draft, I think you should download MSFT's CAPICOM and see
how far you can actually go with an API approach.  I told an MSFT-rep that
if they can show me how you sign HTML with embedded images, I
will let WASP R.I.P..  They have not come back yet in spite of
having 12  months to figure out how to do.  That is, it is the
"view" that seems to be the biggest problem, not the crypto
or the XML.

Anders

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arshad Noor" <arshad.noor@strongauth.com>
To: <pki-guidelines@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: <swilson@lockstep.com.au>
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 22:02

Anders,

Its not that I don't like it; I don't believe it meets the requirements that I'm focusing on.  I am in the middle of validating
those requirements from 2 end-user customers which will drive this effort (as required by the Member Section of OASIS PKI-TC; as
soon as I receive it their input, I will post it to the list for consensus.  If those requirements are met by WASP, then I believe
we have something we can work with; if not, we'll discuss as a group what will meet those requirements.

If you believe you can gather some end-user requirements that your contacts are willing to support, then please feel free to send
them the attached DRAFT, so they may add/subtract from these requirements.  Thanks.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.