pki-guidelines message

Subject: The "signText" function for TPKI

This primitive function was added by Netscape already in 1997, so I think we should skip the talk about "recent advances in browser technology":

http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6152-10/sgntxt.htm

The signing world never bothered with signText, and later Microsoft added their own proprietary CAPICOM extension that they don't supply in the browser distribution because this extension is also very limited.

Due to this there are more than 50 incompatible web signature solutions on the market.  Many of them (WASP included), are at least 10 times as complex as signText.  Presumably for a reason.

It's that simple.

Now let our hired hand burn some real OASIS money to verify this again :-)

Anders Rundgren