pki-guidelines message

Subject: Re: [pki-guidelines] Potential dates/times for AGSC meeting

Arshad,

This seems OK as a starter. Other technical groups though have be-weekly meetings. Essentially one simple question will determine how the rest will be

The "watershed" issue is:

Is the anticipated TPKI mechanism supposed to work IDENTICALLY in the targeted leading browsers?   This would imply no less than a STANDARDS EFFORT.

Or is the goal rather to find out what the various browsers in their current versions can do in terms signing and encryption?  This is a MARKET RESEARCH project.  Given the plugin constraint (no ActiveX etc) in the current TPKI draft, this can be done in a month or so.  In fact, I consider myself having already done the basic research.

If OTOH, the 50+ plugin schemes are to be included, this is a MAJOR effort. Much of the information is in foreign languages, poorly documented, and often NDA protected.  The latter for example is always the case for schemes created by the financial sector.  The biopharma industries' USSI is currently also NDA protected.

Since there are only two voting members and the rest are mainly passive members, I suggest a "straw poll" to get some indications of what other people think of this.  If there is no response, I don't think that we have to bother much about ANY issue :-)

Also, I would like to know how much the "wiz-kid" is supposed to work for this SC and if possible who he or she is.

thanx
Anders

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arshad Noor" <arshad.noor@strongauth.com>
To: "PKI Application Guidelines" <pki-guidelines@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 02:14

It appears that the TPKI project is generating enough interest
to warrant holding regular meetings.  I am, therefore, canvassing
for appropriate dates/times that will work for the subcommitee
members.

I notice that we have the following demographics from the OASIS
AGSC roster:

EU US-EST US-PST Total
-- ------ ------ -----

Voting Member 1 1   2
Member 1 1   2
Observer 1 1 1   3
-----
  7
=====

I'm not sure what the quorum guidelines are, but it appears
that common-sense dictates, both voting members must be
available for an item to be brought to vote, and that at least
3 of the 4 members (or should it be 4 of 7 members+observers?)
should be present to form a quorum.  I will clarify that with
the administrative people at OASIS, but in the meantime, lets
try to find meeting times that work for us.

I would recommend that we begin meeting starting in February 2006.
I propose the following dates and times; please let me know which
ones work for you on a monthly cycle.

February 07, 2006 09:00am PST, 12:00 Noon EST, 17:00 GMT
February 08, 2006 09:00am PST, 12:00 Noon EST, 17:00 GMT
February 09, 2006 09:00am PST, 12:00 Noon EST, 17:00 GMT

This will give us a chance to prepare the minutes and report it
to the TC meetings that are held the following week.

Thank you.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.