pki-guidelines message

Subject: Re: [pki-guidelines] RE: New TC needed? Was.Potential dates/times for AGSC meeting

Hi Mary,
I understand.  I'm also aware of that there are SCs that carry out technical stuff on their own.
The difference is, that these SCs operate under a *well-defined* "umbrella" like UBL.
That means that there may be a marketing SC, draft SC, etc. etc.

Although the umbrella in PKI-TC could be "PKI", I think that this is really theoretical,
as the other SCs has no direct links to TPKI, they carry out entirely separate missions.

There is also a marketing issue.  PKI-TC does not sound as TPKI.
There should be a TPKI (or something like that) with SCs dealing with
different aspects of the TPKI technology.

thanx
Anders Rundgren

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary McRae" <marypmcrae@gmail.com>
To: "'Anders Rundgren'" <anders.rundgren@telia.com>; "'Arshad Noor'" <arshad.noor@strongauth.com>; "'PKI Application Guidelines'"
<pki-guidelines@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 20:53

Hi Anders,

  Not quite, but I'm not sure of the scope of the work so I can't say definitively, but there are several TCs who carry out the
majority of the technical work in subcommittees. The SC is free to make as many decisions as necessary in crafting the draft
document by consensus, but in order to move forward, such as voting the document as a committee draft, the vote would need to be
undertaken by the full TC. In most cases those that care about the work participate in the SC so there theoretically wouldn't be
much opposition in the full group.

Regards,

Mary