pki-lowercosts message

Subject: Cost categories

I promised to send out a list of the cost categories
we used in the followup survey we sent out last August.
Here they are. This list starts with the costs ranked
as most problematic by the survey respondents.

Cost of Initial System Design
Cost of Software Acquisition
Cost of Software Integration
Cost of On-going Operations
Cost of Secure Facilities
Cost of Smart Cards and Readers
Cost of End-User Support
Cost of Initial Certificate Issuance
Non-technical Setup Costs (e.g. legal & CPS)
Other Costs
Cost of Training
Cost of Cross-Certification
Cost of Support Contracts

For more information about the survey results,
see the actual survey report at this URL:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiobstaclesaugust2003surveyreport.pdf

Thanks,

Steve

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature