pki-lowercosts message

Subject: RE: [pki-lowercosts] [Fwd: OASIS PKI Action Plan ?]

Hi folks,
I think it is fairly important to maintain a vendor neutral position.  I
appreciate what Sead is offering, but acting on this at all puts us in an
awkward position.  If we publicize the availability, do we have an
obligation to publish all vendor offerings?  It's a bit of a slippery slope.

I would suggest that we continue on with the current plan of developing a
cost model and eliciting industry responses to our cost model survey.

This is also in keeping with the current implementation plan.  Our goal is
to develop a cost model and survey, poll for responses, and propose updates
to the PKI Action Plan based on our findings.  I would suggest that
deviation from that to any large degree should be approved by the TC anyway.

-DS

smime.p7s