pki-ms message

Subject: Announcing new PKI Steering Committee

PKI Member Section members:

I am pleased to announce the result of this year's Steering Committee
election.  By a majority of member votes, you have selected:

Peter Alterman
June Leung
John Sabo
Ross Smith
Ann Terwilliger

Also gaining enough votes to win a seat, but forced to drop out of the
Steering Committee due to work conflicts, was Steve Hanna.  Steve has been
on the Steering Committee for some time and an active contributor to the PKI
efforts in OASIS.  We appreciate all his hard work in the past and look
forward to his continued work with the PKI Member Section in his new
capacity.

Thanks to all the very qualified candidates who volunteered to run for the
Steering Committee and to all the members who made the very difficult
decision of choosing only 5 of these very qualified candidates. We all
appreciate the commitment and hard works from the folks involved, and look
forward to continued progress and success in this area.

I'll close this announcement with a quote from one of you (submitted with
their vote), as this sentiment speak volumes:

"This is a tough decision, since personally I have watched the contributions
of all 7 of these individuals and feel them all qualified and wish to gain
contribution from all.

I have voted here to permit the process to proceed by meeting the quorum
requirements."

Thank you!

Scott McGrath
Director of Member Services

Tel +1 978-667-5115 x202
Fax +1 978-667-5114
scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org

Plan on attending:
OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability,
9-12 May, San Francisco
http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/