pki-survey message

Subject: [Fwd: Re: PKI Survey Subcommittee]

I sent this out a week ago and I haven't heard anything
back from either of you. I don't want to push, but I'd
like to get this survey task moving. Does the task list
below look OK to you?

One reason why I want to get this moving is that I will
be speaking at the Internet 2 Members Meeting on April 9.
I'd like to mention this effort there and invite people
to contact me if they would like to participate. There
are lots of folks there who are using PKI, have tried to
use PKI, etc. But I won't mention the effort unless we
have *at least* agreed on what we're planning to do!

If we can make more progress (like getting the survey
drafted), that would be great. I have a first draft that
I'd be glad to send around, but I won't move on this
until I get some positive responses from you two.

Thanks,

Steve

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: PKI Survey Subcommittee
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:29:06 -0500
From: Steve Hanna <steve.hanna@sun.com>
To: pki-survey@lists.oasis-open.org

OK. I have added the charter to our subcommittee's home
page (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pki-survey).

In order to complete our charter, I suggest that we undertake
the following work items:

1) Agree on the goals, target audience, and rough outline
   for this survey

2) Determine whether we will need help with later work items.
   If so, decide what help will be needed and determine whether
   we can get this help for free. If not, get several estimates
   and seek funding from PKI Steering Committee.

3) Prepare final survey

4) Administer survey to respondents

5) Analyze results of survey

Does that look about right? Any suggestions? Changes?

Thanks,

Steve